Republic of Iraq
Iraq Defence Org is the Iraq government agency responsible for defence of Iraq and foreign relations of Iraq with the international community. It is also involved with internal security.Its principal objectives are to defend Iraq and its interests and to strengthen international peace and stability. The Iraq Defence Org also manages day-to-day running of the armed forces, contingency planning and defence procurement.
- Safeguarding Iraq's national security by countering terrorism and weapons proliferation, and working to reduce conflict.
- Building Iraq's prosperity by increasing exports and investment, opening markets, ensuring access to resources, and promoting sustainable global growth
- Supporting Iraqi nationals around the world through modern and efficient consular services.
- Defending Iraq and its overseas territories.
- Proving stragetic intelligence
- Supporting civil emergency organisations in times of crisis.
- Defending Iraq's interests by projecting power strategically and through expeditionary interventions
List of Ministers of Defence and Foreign Affairs
|Period: 2014- Dec 2016|
|Iraqi Constitutional Party|